fredag 8 september 2017

Starting a collection of writings

I have always loved to write.

Some years ago, I had a webpage dedicated to my sportscar, a Mazda Miata. There were my tales - some of them tall - from meetings and races and other car-related stuff. The site died when the host had a server crash. I had some feedback from people. This was before the facebook era so they mailed or even phoned me to tell me they appreciated my writing. I always had in mind to revive the site someway but the time was never right.

Since I first found the first Newsgroups at Usenet I been writing costantly on all kinds of forums, among other things blogging on RC-Groups about my radio-control aircraft experiences. Recently, I got back into RC cars and ended up at the Ultimate Radio Control (URC) forum. An awesome place where I learned a lot from the members.

Two things happened recently. Photobucket decided to pull 3rd party viewing which meant all my build threads were useless. Some weeks after I tediously updated all my posts and build threads with Google hosted pictures the complete forum crashed. URC owner JANG has a legacy of fantastic, well produced RC-review videos on Youtube but has moved on to other things and the repair may take time, or never happen. It's not in my hands. Hopefully it will come back up, if not alive it may be a web archive.

This blog will contain all kinds of stuff I have written, old and new on the subject of cars, bicycles, rc models, toys as well as other things like my music and videos. To begin with there will be a mix of new and old things. Some texts will be in Swedish. Hope you will like it!

My latest selfie taken by a DJI Phantom 2 in September 2017



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Tamiya CC01 Pajero Rally nearing completion

My CC01 Pajero is starting to resemble a car! There are a lot of details left before the correct Rally Raid look is in place. The body did ...